Key Replacement Service
Ordering a New Key at Mercedes-Benz of Austin
Keys promote safety by securing access to those with the key. Keyless fobs introduce new security technologies that provide exclusive access to those holding the key with e-security features. You might have noticed that your Mercedes-Benz engine will not start unless you have the keyless fob inside the cabin. Ordering a new Mercedes-Benz key includes similar security features to ensure nobody else can get a key. We understand that ordering a new key might seem impossible at first, given the security measures involved, so we published a page dedicated to ordering a new key at Mercedes-Benz of Austin. Review how to order a new key as a registered owner, on behalf of an individual, or on behalf of a company. Gather the pertinent documents and bring them to the parts department during open hours to order a new key. Consider getting a battery replacement service if you have your key, but it no longer seems to function correctly. Contact us regarding your key and its requirements to restore performance at Mercedes-Benz of Austin.
Registered owners can order new keys by bringing these two items to the service department during open hours:
- The current registration receipt or the original title.
- A valid photo ID. ( The name on the two documents must match.)
Order a replacement key on behalf of an individual by bringing these documents to the parts department:
- Current registration receipt or the original title.
- Your valid photo ID.
- A copy of the registered owner’s photo ID.
- An original notarized letter authorizing you to order a replacement key for the vehicle on behalf of the owner. This letter should include the VIN, owner’s full name, and the authorized party’s full name.
Order a replacement key on behalf of a company by visiting the parts department with these documents:
- A letter on company letterhead naming the specific employee as an authorized party. The letter should include the VIN, the authorized employee’s full name, and full name with the signature of the company’s owner or general manager.
- We Cannot Mail Keys; Keys Must Be Picked Up at the Dealership.
- We Cannot Program Aftermarket Keys to Match Mercedes-Benz.
- We Can Only Order New Keys for Vehicles Currently in the USA.
- We Cannot Repair Keyfobs Beyond Battery Replacement and Possibly the Blade Release Switch for Certain Models.
|Monday||7:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM — 6:00 PM|
|Monday||8:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
|Monday||7:30 AM — 5:30 PM|
|Tuesday||7:30 AM — 5:30 PM|
|Wednesday||7:30 AM — 5:30 PM|
|Thursday||7:30 AM — 5:30 PM|
|Friday||7:30 AM — 5:30 PM|
|Saturday||8:00 AM — 5:00 PM|
Schedule Keyless Fob Battery Replacement
Contact us to schedule a quick and convenient keyless fob battery replacement. Or, stop by for an Express Service keyless fob battery replacement. We will have a certified technician open the battery housing, remove the small battery, install a genuine OEM battery, close the case, and check functionality.
We are conveniently located near:
Round Rock, TX • Georgetown, TX • Cedar Park, TX • Lakeway, TX